Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need advice regarding advanced course in Highspeed PCB Desgn

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need advice..

Dear friends, i need your advice regarding something which i feel may be important for my future.
A company is organizing an advanced course in Highspeed PCB Design.
the course details are as follows

Fundamental Electrical concepts
PCB materials and manufacturing process
Component Identification and assembly line
High-speed board design issues
PCB design for reduced EMI and SI issues

Distinctive features
Well-structured Theory and laboratory sessions to gain experience of practical situations in
High Speed Board Design for various applications
Collaboration with leading industry for PCB Fabrication exposure and Assembly line exposure
Working with the professional VLSI CAD tools from CADENCE
Guest lectures, seminars and case studies by experts from leading industries

Curriculum
Theory:

Introduction to PCB Design:
Brief History, Trends in PCB , Component Identification ,Types of Circuits ,Circuit flow ,Multilayer Boards, Basic
Manufacturing Requirements.
PCB Layout:
Pre-Design preparation ,Pad Stack, Footprit Design,Interface with mechanical team, DXF Files, Component
placement , Sectional , Flow, Setting up design rules, Back annotation, Design Partitioning, Addressing DFM , DFT,
DFA issues.
Thermal Issues:
Thermal issues ,Power& VCC Planes, Split Planes , Guard rails, Grounded Heat sinks, Reuse modules, IPC/UL
Standards .
EMI/EMC & Signal Integrity:
EMI/EMC issues:
Sheilding Ground Loops , Emissions ,RF Energy & Parasitic, Routing Topology, Layer Stack up, Decoupling & bypassing
Signal Integrity:
Refection & Transmission Lines, Cross Talk,
Differential Traces, Impedance matching, Ground Bounce, Power
Decoupling & Bypassing
Design Outputs:
Gerber files,NC Drill & NC Route files / Output for pick & Place Machines, Types of Materials for PCB,
Demonstrating & Explaining process for DS / Multilayer PCBs
Visit to Manufacturing unit
Visit to Fabrication unit
Lab Sessions
( Tool Used: Cadence Allegro Platform)
Component Identification, Schematic Entry
Pad Design , Footprint Design ,Generating Netlist
Component Placement , Design constraints, Routing
Copper pouring , DRC & Reports, Reuse Module,
Gerber Output
Assignment: Complete front to back design flow

to add to this, i have recently undertaken following courses
1) AVR based microcontroller and Embedded system from Indian institute of information technology, pune.

2)Network management based on linux from IIM-C.

3) and few small courses/workshops on basic robotics.

Hence considering what i have done, i request your advice should i do this course?
how will it affect me in future?
To what extent it will help me secure a job in electronics industry?

Your help will be sincerely appreciated.

Re: need advice..

Hi PCB Design is ok getting nice Electronic job.Embedded Design is best for now compare to VLSI/PCB ..my priority is Embedded....PCB...VLSI..U r course module is ok but Consider how they give Placements??? mean ..% of asuurence..

This is my openioun...Best of luck.....Happy New Year...

...SARATH...

Hi INS-ANI

If you need advice; please remember you are engineer and the engineer can learn every thing even chanees language. I am sure there is no thing in the science not useful.

when your company decided to do this course, i am sure they have their future lines and may be the need to generate an intelegent persons in these lines or fields.

Take an example: my company decided to give us a new course in some thing not in our lines but after that they creats these fields and i am become one of these fields engineer, after that i became advanced field support in this field.

With my best wishes.........................

muntather_moto said:
Hi INS-ANI

If you need advice; please remember you are engineer and the engineer can learn every thing even chanees language. I am sure there is no thing in the science not useful.

when your company decided to do this course, i am sure they have their future lines and may be the need to generate an intelegent persons in these lines or fields.

Take an example: my company decided to give us a new course in some thing not in our lines but after that they creats these fields and i am become one of these fields engineer, after that i became advanced field support in this field.

With my best wishes.........................
Dear sir,
I guess u have misunderstood, i am still a third year engineering and am considering this course as possible aid to my placements in coming year.

also to add, the course is being conducted by a college in tie-up with a private electronic firm working on PCB design.

need advice..

Oh my god i am so sorrry

realy i am sory

need advice..

The course is being conducted by Indian institute of information technology,pune and GenX Wire graph India Pvt. Ltd and CADENCE Design Systems.
I am not aware of repute of these two private firms but i consider i2it has good reputation.
beside, what exactly is advance high speed PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back