Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multitone generation using DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

themaccabee

Full Member level 4
Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i want to generate and send multiple frequency sine waves in a single channel of 300Hz- 3400Hz.

1)Can i use a DSP chip and generate multiple sine waves and add them together (inside DSP) and use a DAC to convert the final wave form to analog domain??

The application is to send multiple tones over a single channel to represent different commands.
And also to receiver should scan the incoming signal and identify the commands too..

2)Is there any reference DSP designs available for the same for me to look into??

3)Also im totally new about DSP side..i heard there are different codec chips available for the D/A & A/D conversion.
Can somebody suggest me a where to find information about the same?? & how to select a proper codec chip in my above suggested application.

Thanks for any help

Status
Not open for further replies.