Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multirate filter- request for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexgaas

Newbie level 6
Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Multirate filter

Hi everybody!
I'm working on a UWB radar and i have an analog front end that samples the input signal in a nonuniform way.
For the reconstruction filter i would use a nonuniform reconstruction algorithm from IEEE transaction on signal processing.These are links :

https://www.rle.mit.edu/dspg/documents/00Eldar.pdf

webee.technion.ac.il/Sites/People/YoninaEldar/Info/70.pdf

The second link is the case for periodic signal, the only difference is in the low-pass filter that is sinx/x in the first case while sin(Mx)/sin(x) in the second one.
At page 11-12 and 13 there is the scheme of the multirate filter that is necessary.
The impulse response of this filter is a summation of N scaled and shifted version of low pass one (you can see an example in figure 6).
What are an efficient implementation of this kind of filter??
In my application N could be very large from 10 to 100.
So i need 100 FIR filter??Is there other implementation more efficient (not necessary in time domain)??

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.