Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiband matching of full wave rectifier

sizo0708

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I have a task to create a simulation in ADS of a full wave voltage rectifier with a multiband/wideband matching.
In the input I used the P_nTone with 4 frequencies: 1.8GHz, 2.1GHz, 2.45GHz, 2.6GHz.
After that comes the matching network which is my issue here, I want to design it so that it will match the circuit to 2 frequencies which are 1.95GHz (center frequency between 1.8GHz and 2.1GHz) and 2.52GHz (center frequency between 2.45Hz and 2.6GHz).
Lastly, the full wave rectifier with a load ressistor come right after the MN.
How can I perform the matching? Can you provide me with methods and maybe even illustrations if you may?
The circuit along with the impedances in the desired frequencies below:
1724802981876.png

1724802997867.png

You have to design a Matching Circuit so that while one branch of this Matching Circuit exhibits a Open Circuit for Band 1, the other branch will match the impedance for Band 2 to Rectifier Circuit and vice versa. Either you can use consider 2 Dedicated Parallel Matching Circuit OR Wideband Matching Circuit that is pretty difficult to realize.

Two associated Filter might be your starting point. OR A Diplexer+Matching Circuit

You have to design a Matching Circuit so that while one branch of this Matching Circuit exhibits a Open Circuit for Band 1, the other branch will match the impedance for Band 2 to Rectifier Circuit and vice versa. Either you can use consider 2 Dedicated Parallel Matching Circuit OR Wideband Matching Circuit that is pretty difficult to realize.

Two associated Filter might be your starting point. OR A Diplexer+Matching Circuit
Thank you very much for the reply!
I am not sure about what you said because from my knowledge it is important that the frequencies will be far apart from each other, while in my case of 570MHz difference its not enaugh.
Also, I am not familliar with what you said about the two associated filters so if you can elaborate on that it can be helpful.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back