Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] What is the ionization potential of acetylene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anushaas

Member level 5
Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me what is the ionization potential of acetone say of 100ppm.What would be the maximum ionization current that will be produced while ionizing it.

Last edited:

Re: What is the ionization potential of acetylene?

Gas phase ionization potential (IE) has bee determined as 11.4 eV, see NIST Chemistry WebBook
The number isn't concentration related, so I'm not quite sure, if you are referring to a different parameter.

Here are two references. The first is theoretical, and its results agree well with experiment. The latter is NIST and has the ionization potential as well as other physical properties.

**broken link removed**
Acetylene

John

The question has been answered literally, I think. I'm curious, if you actually understand how to ionisize substances under atmospheric pressure conditions and what you exactly want to achieve.

You mean before, or after, it explodes?

You mean before, or after, it explodes?
It's LEL of 2.5 Vol% is sufficient above stated 100 ppm.

Status
Not open for further replies.