Status
Not open for further replies.

soarhigh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to model the transmission of a wideband analog signal through a communication channel with a limited bandwidth in MATLAB. Lets say the signal has double the bandwidth of the channel.
My goal is to accurately recover the original signal with minimal distortion.
my method is to divide the SPECTRUM of the original signal into 2 parts by using a low pass filter and a high pass filter. Then the high passed signal will be shifted in freq into the bandwidth of the low pass filter.(heterodyning)

At the output, the 2 sub-band components will be combined to reconstruct the original signal. Meanwhile, the 2nd part will be shifted back to the high frequency band.

I want to use a phsically realisable filter, I have tried butterworth low-pass filter; but not good enough

say I have a signal: y=2*sin(2000*pi*T) + sin(4000*pi*T) and my communication channel has a bandwidth of 1kHz.
What type of filter will be most suitable for this task? and how can I achieve this in matlab.

Select the proper category for your question, what you are asking is irrelevant to "Service Manuals, Requests, Repair Tips" category
Message moved, [alexan_e]

Hi soarhigh,

How will you separe the two sub-bands once they are combined in the common signal?
Regards

Z

Hi Zorro,
If I transform the signal into freq domain, I can then separate it into two freq sub-bands using filters.

Hi soarhigh,

Let B the bandwidth of your original lowpass signal.
Have you TWO lowpass channels of bandwidth B/2?
Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…