Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Detected Rattlesnake

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmurm

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm looking for some help on building a motion detector circuit. I do taxidermy on the side and want to put a vibrating motor from a cell phone in the tail of a rattlesnake. I have the 1.5v motor and could use some info on how to add a motion sensor so when someone walks by the motor engages and then turns off after 15-30 secs. Any help and part #'s are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Easy, go up to walmart and use one of thoes $10 motion lights. just remove the sensor head, and conect your battery and motor to the relay.

Thanks, How would I go about selecting a relay?

djmurm said:
Thanks, How would I go about selecting a relay?

If I understood Steveo correctly, the motion detector from Walmart would already have a relay inside. You'll just need to connect to this existing relay. Make sure that the motion detector has a mechanical relay (the clicking type) or a solid-state DC relay. AC solid-state relay will not switch a DC from a battery.

The motion detecting sensor, probably uses the passive infrared (PIR) principle. You can get a PIR sensor separately (here's an example **broken link removed**), and add a little bit of circuitry that will do a 15-30sec delay before turning the motor off.

-Nick

P.S. The whole idea with a rattling rattlesnake taxidermy is pretty neat.

Thanks nick, I'm goin try the walmart sensor and see if the relay gives me the output I desire. I've read about the PIR sensor but it seems alittle tricky with the logic circuits that went with it. I took 4 years of electronic education but ten years later I cant seem to remember a damn thing. Thanks again, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back