Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moding an AC car adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlyWooD

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My girlfriend recently bought a AC car adapter for her iRiver IPF-790 digital MP3 Player that has variable voltage settings between 3.5V-12 V. The player takes a single 1.5 Volt AA battery, so I'm assuming that the lowest setting (3.5 Volts) could even cause some damage to the device.

I was wondering if it would be possible to mod the adapter so that it could put the proper voltage across the machine.

(this next part might be completely wrong, so laugh if you must, but please bare with me;)

My Initial thought was to just connect the player across a 1.5 volt terminal:

**broken link removed**

But I realise by adding the load of the mp3 player across the 1.5V terminal will alter the voltage across each resistor in the circuit, so my idea is to measure the resistance of the MP3 player and work the other resistance values out so 1.5 Volts across the Mp3 player.

**broken link removed**

Im just wondering if this method would work? A new one will probably be purchased. But I'd still like to see if I could get this one to work. Any Thoughts?

Any help provided would be much appreaciated.

Put three diodes in serie with output of ac adapter ... this cause 2 Volts drop

leomecma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back