Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microwave antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vytux

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microwave antenna size

Hi, I want to make antenna operating at 15GHz for my radio relay system. Thanks a lot for any help

microwave antenna types picture

vytux said:
Hi, I want to make antenna operating at 15GHz for my radio relay system. Thanks a lot for any help

Hi,

can you give me more information ? For example what you need ? What type of antenna you can use ? - omnidirectional, directional, size, bandwith.....

You can use horn, conical horn, reflector antenna, microstrip antenna, dipol.... and so on...

odu (outdoor unit) for antenna

**broken link removed**
I need a directional microwave antenna, the size shoud be about 1feet.
In that image in the left side is ODU unit with antenna and in the right side it is Out Door Unit, that I have.

manufacturer of odu for microwave antenna

vytux said:
**broken link removed**
I need a directional microwave antenna, the size shoud be about 1feet.
In that image in the left side is ODU unit with antenna and in the right side it is Out Door Unit, that I have.

So you need feed for reflector antenna ? I see on the left picture antenna, probably reflector antenna.

If you have circular waveguide (from your ODU unit), you can use some type of back feed (rear feed, hat-feed) for reflector antenna, for example follow this

but you need 3D simulation software, the best is CST MWS.

vytux

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
producer of outdoor unit for microwave antenna

thanks very much for help

designing outdoor unit for antenna

vytux said:
thanks very much for help

You have not more question? :)

determining microwave antenna size

now I'm working with CST MWS, later I think I will have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.