Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip (?) LDO with "DH04" marking

Aussie Susan

Advanced Member level 5
Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an old packet of Microchip 3.3V LDO regulators where the packet labelling has faded to the point where I can't make out the part number.
The devices are an SOT-23-5 package and they have "DH04" written on each. I think the "DH" part is the key.
Google searches and searches on the Microchip site don't show anything - at least how I'm entering the search terms.
Does anyone know either the actual part number or who to better search for it?

Susan

Hi,

if you haven't tried so far, maybe try to check the microchip website voltage regulator page and enter your known parameters, like package and output voltage. You might try this approach on a distributor website, which still has retired components available. Of course, this includes checking each datasheet.

This links might help to make the package marking readable.

BR

I have an old packet of Microchip 3.3V LDO regulators where the packet labelling has faded to the point where I can't make out the part number.
The devices are an SOT-23-5 package and they have "DH04" written on each. I think the "DH" part is the key.
Google searches and searches on the Microchip site don't show anything - at least how I'm entering the search terms.
Does anyone know either the actual part number or who to better search for it?

Susan
I understand the frustration with faded labels on electronic components. The "DH04" marking on your SOT-23-5 package regulators could indeed be a key identifier, but finding the exact part number can be tricky.
One approach is to use a more detailed search method:
  1. Visit the Microchip website and use their parametric search tool for 3.3V LDO regulators.
  2. Cross-reference the SOT-23-5 package type and the "DH" marking in the search.
Additionally, you might want to try searching on component distributor websites like Digi-Key, Mouser, or Farnell. They often have detailed parametric search tools that might help you narrow down the exact part number based on package type, voltage, and the markings.

@stenzer - thanks for those links but I can see the marking son the devices themselves - that's the "DH04" I mentioned - it is the part number on the packet they came in that has faded.
@david12 - Actually I've already searched the Microchip parametric search page (and asked on the Microchip forums) but got nowhere. The devices were originally from Element14 (Farnell) so I might try there - thanks for the suggestion.
Susan

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back