Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Metal Mesh Grid Simulation in HFSS

tomhowe1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to simulate a metal mesh grid within HFSS. I am used a primary/secondary boundary condition with Floquet ports above and below. The pitch is 550 um and line width is 50 um. I'd like to simulate frequencies 1-15 GHz, as well as wavelengths 300-5000 nm. This will allow me to extract the S21 coefficient and transmission %.

My results make sense between 1-15 GHz and I can confirm this experimentally. However, in the wavelength range above the results are extremely noisy and do not match in the slightest. There appears to be some form of resonance which also occurs as I move the Floquet ports closer or further away from the structure.

What might be causing these issues and how can this be fixed? Has anyone encountered similar issues before?

Thank you

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back