Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

<Magma Talus> partial placement blockage against congestion area

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_li

Member level 2
Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I did an experiment of placement between ICC and Talus. For ICC, I can distribute congested area to get a relatively even placement by using partial placement blockage as a result. But for talus, there is an interested phenomenon: firstly, congestion spot is slightly different between each time of "fix cell" (after global route), therefore, I can not pre-place blockage against which I got from previous placement. Secondly, in the case of initial congested spot occurs after "fix cell", I added partial blockage and "run place spread" + "run place detail" manually, but the congested spot did not improve significantly, even no change, I do not know why? Thus, I really got confused pre- or post-place blockage both do not work, when and how to use partial placement blockage in Talus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back