Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low voltage Sound to light unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberrat

Advanced Member level 3
Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I wonder if any of you can reccomend a 3 channel sound to light unit circuit for me?

I have 4 LED spotlights that have individual Red/Green/Blue LED's in them.

I am planning on wiring them up in my daughters bedroom at some point, with a sound to light unit that will flash them in different colours etc to the beat of the music. (she's 14 & loves this sort of thing - lol).

I have searched but not come up with much to help, does anyone know any links to good schematics for this?

Thank you, Roland.

Hello,
I've seen something like this in an old local magazine - I dont know if it work great.
After you amplify the audio signal to about 1V or more, you feed it to 3 filters, built with opamps:
- low f (bass) - LPF with fc=500Hz;
- midrange - BPF with fc1=500Hz, fc2=2kHz;
- high - HPF with fc=2kHz.

The output of each filter will feed to a detector - it can be a diode rectifier - an the varying DC signal obtained will drive the LEDs.

For the filter design you can search audio dedicated sites for equalisers and stuff like that, or design your own filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back