Not open for further replies.

bogdanm

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am trying to implement a simple autenthication module for Windows using an iButton. The ideea is that the user cannot log in and use Windows unless the proper iButton is inserted in an external reader (connected to the PC via a serial interface, for example). I have some Windows programming experience, yet I'm clueless about how the autenthication application should be implemented on Windows. It probably must be something like a low-level kernel driver (to make it really hard to bypass), but what kind of driver? Or is it an easier way to do this? If anybody has any pointers about how this thing can be implemented please let me know.

Thank you very much for your reply, it was very useful. After searching the net a bit (and knowing what I'm looking for) I find what looks to be a very good framework for such an application. I am posting the link here in order to help other people that face the same problem:

hxxp://pgina.xpasystems.com/

It's an open source Gi*a implementation that can be tailored for any specific-logon application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…