Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low henry capacitances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_rb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is specifications of low henry capacitanses (micro and nano henry) . If anyone has hands pratcital experiences on this subjects or know documents regarding this please post.

Regards
Steve

i think the unit of capacitance is Farad

Henry is the unit of inductor, please explain ur question :cry:

I know unit for capicitors capacitance is Farad but I meant unavoidable intrinsic inductance of a capacitance which always exist in any capacitor.

i think you use the SMD type Capacitor then may be u can reduce the value of inductance

Generally the smaller the capacitor physical size the smaller the lead inductance.

You can calculate the parasitic inductance from the data sheet. Use the capacitance and the self resonant frequency.

Thanks all for repling but I meant a large size high voltage low henry capacitances for electromagnetic pulse generation applications. Capacitors for these types of circuits are bulky and store let say about 800 watt or higher of electrical energy

Steve

once again, energy is expressed in joules, not watts. :)
are you refering to low ESR electrolytic caps?

steve_rb said:
What is specifications of low henry capacitanses (micro and nano henry) . If anyone has hands pratcital experiences on this subjects or know documents regarding this please post.

Regards
Steve

There are many capacitors named "low parasitic inductance capacitors"
known as IDC capacitors:
**broken link removed**
or LGA capacitors:
**broken link removed**

Most of the leaders of capacitance manufacturers are producing those (murata, AVX, Panasonic etc)

steve_rb said:
Thanks all for repling but I meant a large size high voltage low henry capacitances for electromagnetic pulse generation applications. Capacitors for these types of circuits are bulky and store let say about 800 watt or higher of electrical energy

Steve

Hi,

Maybe these links bring the answers to you:

**broken link removed** or

**broken link removed** and look for also the advertisements in the bottom or at the sides of the pages too.

Or probably this paper is better:

**broken link removed**

If you goodle with words like 'high voltage low ESL capacitor' you can find more. And for type number etc you can look up the manufacturers web pages.

unkarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back