Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for battery monitoring IC solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

harsh_electro

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Battery Monitoring IC

Hi friends,
I want to measure 24V battery Rechargeble battery) and send those data on a LAN.

I am lloking for some IC some solution.
I tried Dallas 2436,2438,2770 all has limitation in terms of VOltage they don't measure voltage aboove 10.34 Volts.

I would appreciate your reply.

Thanks & Regards
Harsh

Re: Battery Monitoring IC

If the maximum measurable voltage is 10V, I can't see any reason why you couldn't divide the input voltage in, say, 1:2.5 ratio, by using simple 2-resistor voltage divider ..

Regards,
IanP

IanP said:
If the maximum measurable voltage is 10V, I can't see any reason why you couldn't divide the input voltage in, say, 1:2.5 ratio, by using simple 2-resistor voltage divider ..

Regards,
IanP

Hi ,

I appreciate your reply.I din't get exactly what do u want to convey by dividing the i/p voltage in 1:2.5 ratio.

I request you to elaborate your reply.
I am quite new to this stuff.

Thanks & Regards
Harsh

Take a look at the attached picture .. voltage division by 2 ..
If connected to 24V battery this circuit will output 12V .. and you need no more than 10, so use division ratio >2.5 ..
And you will need this opamp as voltage buffer because battery monitoring ICs consume different currents performing different functions ..

Regards,
IanP

IanP said:
Take a look at the attached picture .. voltage division by 2 ..
If connected to 24V battery this circuit will output 12V .. and you need no more than 10, so use division ratio >2.5 ..
And you will need this opamp as voltage buffer because battery monitoring ICs consume different currents performing different functions ..

Regards,
IanP
Hi Ian,
Thank you very muc forthe reply.
I understood now.
I will fix the thing.

Thanks once again
Harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com