Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a good 3 axis digital gyroscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic1984

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gyroscope?

hi all

i need a 3 axis digital gyroscope to be used in my project.........do any one know good product

thanks for help

Re: gyroscope?

Use the search function on this site for the word 'gyroscope' and you will find two good discussions with links to commercial products.

it depend on precision. anallog devices make some kind of MEMS gyros, one japan company make it with piezo crystal, there is also with optical fiber....

Links in this forum direct you to inclinometers (tilt sensors).
This is ease to built: dual-axis accelerometer will give you nice tilt sensor (on the web there will be plenty of application notes on AD-series of accelerometers, and because some of them are used in cars as triggers for air-bags they are not very expensive)

Orientation: are you trying to built yourself electronic compass?
First have a look at the Advanced Orientation Systems web page. There they advertise EZ-Compass, which is tilt and temperature compensated.
This will give you an idea what to expect out of it..
Next you can find in August 97 eddition of ElectronicsWorld & WirelessWorld an article on electronic compass by B. Speake called SCL004. That thing looks like a PIC micro with external EEProm + magnetic sensor.
The PIC operates through RS-232 interface sending out orientation in degs.
This KIT was delivered with reasonably good description on theory and on the device itself.
I think this will be very solid starting point..

World smallest gyro sensor:
**broken link removed**

Three gyros in X, Y, Z axis?

are u developing some missile or what.

any way u will have to use three gyros mountind in the specific three directions.

hi

raoul said:
are u developing some missile or what.

no of course.......... 8O
it is an rc plane

will can i use 2 gyros...one of x-y coordinates..........and the other is a single axix may by the x-axix which i put in the verticle axix to work as it is a z axix ?

will can i use 2 gyros...one of x-y coordinates..........and the other is a single axix may by the x-axix which i put in the verticle axix to work as it is a z axix

Yes in the verticle axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back