Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux command to delete cadence temp files

im_pam

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

i am using Linux Centos07, i want to delete the temporary files that are generated during the cadence simulation of the schematic. Can you please tell me command line of Linux.

thank you

The Linux delete command is "rm" (short for remove).
Just use "rm <filename>" then hit the return key. If there are many files you can use wildcards, for example "rm *.tmp" will remove all files ending ".tmp".
If the file is protected or not owned by you, you might have to use "sudo" ahead of the command, for example "sudo rm <filename>". It will ask for the password before granting you permission to delete another users files.

I'm not sure if it works in Centos but you can try opening a terminal window and a window showing the temporary files. Type "rm " (note the space) then drag the file from the list to the terminal window. If it works as it does in my Linux, the path and file name will be copied across automatically.

Brian.

Back when I used Cadence I figured all the locations out and made my own shell script.
Just a stack of rm commands. Inspecting the setups should let you figure out where your install puts things.

You can also put the above commands into a script ( e.g crontab ) to run periodically in order to do that without the need of your inspection.

"sudo rm -rf /tmp/* " . will this command works

Actually i am not confident for deleting the files in the Linux. I hope there is no loss of required data if am deleting temp files. Also please confirm, is it safe to delete the "cache" data through command in linux?

thankyou

In theory, yes you can delete the contents of /tmp they are all temporary files. However, some of your applications may use it for their own purposes and be less forgiving.

If you are sure the /tmp files are the ones causing your problem and you are sure it is safe to delete them, I suggest deleting at shutdown rather than startup, the result will be the same but any files created as your system sets itself up will be safe for the current session.

Brian.

You might like to use a file manager and turn it loose on the root with a system that's got a problem and filter by create-time. Sort by pathname and things should become clear. At least as far as "where?".

Might the problem be solved more simply by a bigger partition?

, i want to delete the temporary files that are generated during the cadence simulation of the schematic.

Which files in particular? Do you mean the compiled compact models for your transistor etc? Or the entire raw results database and just keep the ADEXL/Maestro results?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back