Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Voltmeter using IC7107 for Car battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkssingh

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic7107

I want to construct a LED voltmeter using IC7107 for use in my car dashboard to measure battery voltage. Can someone help me with a suitable circuit? Pls also include power supply for circuit using the car 12 V battery. Thanks.

ic 7107

You can get complete information to build what do you want from Intersil ICL7107 datasheet , take a look at :
**broken link removed**

diy led voltmeter

This circuit requires +5V and -5V supply ..
Try to use 78L05 voltage regulator to step down +12V (it will take anything from 8 to 30V) to +5V and then ICL7660 or ICL7662 to generate -5V of +5V ..
Data sheets with typical application examples are readily available on the web (GOOGLE) ..

For example:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

led voltmeter

In case you do not have ICL7660, 7662, so just follow the circuit example in the datasheet that uses a CMOS 4069 or 4011 to create the -5VDC, it is good enough since you are measuring the +VDC only.

nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back