Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC meter based on at89c2051

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlackMamba

Project by satanistik
Source here

Schematic has been found on HW.cz | V. The only problem I found was rescaling the pcb because dimensions are not stated.

I have cut a LCD case a bit and thet’s why I was forced to reconstruct connections with a thin wires. I was forced to remove backlit which could not be shortened (and would be additional load to the battery). Backlit was replaced with a mirror – effect was fabulous. Indication’s readability was improved even in a weak light. Connections were secured with a hot glue.
Function I like the most is calibration button, allowing to eliminate parasitic capacitances of measurement cables. Important is careful selection of C2 capacitor – a standard for calibration.
Shortcoming of the device is short measuremet range for capacitors – max 3.3 uF. Above the reading is unstable and inaccurate.. generator alone work stable – readout oscillate on the level of several hundredths of pF.

Status
Not open for further replies.