Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Layout of 3.3 and 5V MOS in TSMC 0.35um 2P4m tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockingshockley

Member level 1
Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello...

I would like to ask if there is a difference in the layout between 3.3 and 5V MOS. Is thick active layer involved here?
And if we can use 3.3 and 5V MOS devices in a single chip. Thank you!

I would like to ask if there is a difference in the layout between 3.3 and 5V MOS. ... And if we can use 3.3 and 5V MOS devices in a single chip.

Yes, in the same process, i.e. on the same chip. However, usually two different gate oxide thicknesses are used for 3.3 and 5V, i.e an option which needs -at least- two more masks. Moreover, the 5V MOSFETs must have larger W and L dimensions than the process' minimum.

Is thick active layer involved here?
No. Active actually isn't a layer, these are etched (and, mostly, implant-doped) holes in the field oxide, defining the transistor bulk areas - both the same field oxide openings for 3.3 and 5V transistors, but separate active areas for both types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back