Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

K561ЛН1 (SN7404) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izua

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Completing my project with a simple display on the parallel port, i've decided using some ttl 7404 (i have some lying around) and bc107 transistors for driving the leds.

my 7404 are labeled as K561ЛН1 (i got them from an old shop, i guess they're from the former ussr - not sure though - but i bet they are, the man in there didn't had much clientelle).

i've got a table with analogies, and it says it's SN7404. I checked the datasheet on sn7404 and, surprise, there are 2 pinning modes, one for a "W" package and one for a "FW" package.

I don't know what my ICs are.
apart from the K561ЛН1 notation, there's also written 9212 Δ 2 and something looking remotely like a sun: a tiny circle, and above it, three growing ones, which are not fully drawn. i guess that's the companythat manufactured it, and that sun emblem made me think of the soviet union :p

anyway, my question is, what pinning does this thing use? is it the fw package, the w package, or something else?

you can find the datasheet for sn7404 here: https://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ls04.pdf[/url]

I don't see FW in that TI datasheet.

The most common TTL pinout is the first one, with power and ground in the corners. Try applying 5V to it with your power supply current limit set to about 25mA (to avoid damage just in case the pinout is wrong), and see if the device works.

9212 could be a manufacture date code - the 12th week of 1992.

I don't recognize that logo. A sketch or photo may help.

izua

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
K561ЛН1 = CD4502A. RCA Corp. Strobed hex inverter buffer
**broken link removed**

"JSC «VOSKHOD»-KRLZ .. Digital ICs of series 164, 564, K564, K561"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

sorry, it's FK package.
i also looked for CD4502A datasheet, and ended up with the same one, heh

this is how the logo looks like.
**broken link removed**

edit, image not working, find it here: **broken link removed**

well, drawing is definitely not my strong point. I'll try and make some pics tommorow, if it's undistinguishable

Anyway, thanks to everyone. i wanted to test it manually, by powering it on the corners, but i thought anyone just knew, so i won't risk burning it.

Edit: why is http replaced with h**p? It's cr*pping up all urls making the forum harder to use :/ isn't this place suppose to be easy to use so everyone could do it's best helping out than trying to figure out stuff? erm..

even more edit: i found that document of the krlz at kaluga guy, but i need the pinout. problem is there are two possible pinoutsfor the inverting buffer :| anyway, i dropped a message to that dude, hope he'll get it , and eventually i'll post here if i find anything.

K561ЛН1 6 inverters based on CMOS old tech . I suppose you should look to HC series - SN74HC04.
and 92 is production date . Should be in DIP package and pin 7 is ground and pin 14 is + VCC standard power pinouts. chip does support 3-15 V power supply range. Above is imho as based on more than 10 years old knowledge never checked for consistency.)

P.S. I am wondering , since you are not from former ussr how this old staf did reach you ? Varshav block?

izua

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
so it supports the full cmos voltage range?
wow, woot. that means less work and money, i don't have to make that 5v stabilizier, and get a 5v supply adapter (haven't worked with ttl so often, and i don't have always handy a 5v one). thanks :D

well, how it reached me - not really sure. i got over 100 TTLs from a close friend, living in another city. he told me he bought lots of them at really cheap prices from an old isolated store, where some old man was hanging out. some of them are brown, and some have some shiny round case, really odd, haven't seen these types of casings before.
i believe the seller didn't have many clients, and people aren't too interested in electronics these days, not to mention this friend doesn't live in a very big city. as far as i can figure the seller owned them for years. probably he had a large supply of them from an import or something, when electronics was a subject of much more interest.

heh.

izua, to create a clickable link, put url tags around the link. When you edit your message, the "URL" button will make that easier.

This text input: [url]http://www.yahoo.com/[/url]
Produces this output: https://www.yahoo.com/

The http -> h**p change helps prevent bots from harvesting URLs from EDA Board.

izua wrote:
i also looked for CD4502A datasheet, and ended up with the same one
MC14502 if direct replacement of CD4502

izua said:
Completing my project with a simple display on the parallel port, i've decided using some ttl 7404 (i have some lying around) and bc107 transistors for driving the leds.

my 7404 are labeled as K561ЛН1 (i got them from an old shop, i guess they're from the former ussr - not sure though - but i bet they are, the man in there didn't had much clientelle).

i've got a table with analogies, and it says it's SN7404. I checked the datasheet on sn7404 and, surprise, there are 2 pinning modes, one for a "W" package and one for a "FW" package.

I don't know what my ICs are.
apart from the K561ЛН1 notation, there's also written 9212 Δ 2 and something looking remotely like a sun: a tiny circle, and above it, three growing ones, which are not fully drawn. i guess that's the companythat manufactured it, and that sun emblem made me think of the soviet union :p

anyway, my question is, what pinning does this thing use? is it the fw package, the w package, or something else?

you can find the datasheet for sn7404 here: http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ls04.pdf[/url]

They are surely the Soviet Union/Russian/SNG CMOS ICs.

For the crossreference with the Western ICs, please refer to my reply at the topic:
(western to russian semiconductor convertion table)
or directly go to page: h**p://www.elektroda.net/download/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=881
to download the file.

In Soviet Union/Russian/SNG numbering system, beside the part number, you may see:
- for example: 9212, that is manufacturing date code: year 1992, month 12. This is different from Western manufacturers as they will code year and week.

- "strange" small logo: this is the symbol of the factory. They never inform the specific factory and its logo where the IC is made. This is also different from Western countries where manufacturers always show clearly their names or unique logos. In general, for enduser, this logo is not important to know.

One more thing: the pin displacement in their ICs is only 2.5mm instead of 2.54mm. Once the part number on package has the "E" (export) letter at the beginning or the end, so the pin displacement will be 2.54mm.

Hope this may help.

nguyennam

Last edited by a moderator:

In Soviet Union/Russian/SNG numbering system, beside the part number, you may see:
- for example: 9212, that is manufacturing date code: year 1992, month 12. This is different from Western manufacturers as they will code year and week.
Not true, the Western manufactures use the same date code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back