Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issues with Integrating a 3-Port Inductor into VCO Circuit

Pichu_Chan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I’m working on a VCO circuit and need to replace a spiral inductor with a 3-port inductor for better performance. I have a couple of questions:

1. Wiring the 3-Port Inductor: How should I integrate the 3-port inductor into my schematic? Is it okay to connect the third port to ground?
  2. Simulation Error: When I simulate the circuit to get the differential voltage, the results are good. However, when I run the PSS simulation, I get an error suggesting that I should make the 3-port inductor implementation "rational". When I follow this suggestion, I encounter instability errors as shown in the picture. " ERROR (SPECTRE-16384): Signal U(NPORT1:s10) = 1.08081 G exceeds the blowup limit for the quantity `U' which is (1 G). It is likely that the circuit is unstable. If you really want signals this large, set the `blowup' parameter of this quantity to a larger value."
Are there any solutions to avoid this issue?

Thanks for your help!

1724457335594.png
1724457369753.png
1724457388707.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: