Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is prior knowledge required for adaptive noise cancellation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelena

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In adaptive filters for noice cancellation, one thing is not clear to me.

There is a Desired Signal + Noise (d[k]=s[k]+n[k]) in the primary sensor (mic1). Adaptive filter solution is viable when there is an additional reference noise input
x[k] available that is correlated with the original corrupting noise n[k] in the reference sensor (mic2). The filter filters the reference noise x[k] and produces an estimate of the actual noise n[k] and subtracts it from the primary input s[k]+n[k] to compute an estimate of the signal s[k].

until this its fine. But "For adaptive noise cancelling generally little or no priori knowledge of s[k],n[k], and x[k] or their relationship is needed."

If we don't have the knowledge of the signals how can we adapt the filter? Isn't it contradicting with the above idea? Or else I don't understand the basic concept of a priori knowledge of a signal. Please I need very urgent support!!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back