Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmsp8

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

Hello

I was wondering in the OptDesign Command in Cadence, does optDesign -postRoute " the only engine which uses the tech files?
What do other engines like Preroute, PostCTS use? The capTbl?

Thanks

Re: Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

I think any Cādence software uses a tech file - even the non-P&R engines. Any design - in all development stages - needs its corresponding tech file.

Reactions: dmsp8

dmsp8

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Is optDesign "-postRoute" the only engine which uses the Tech File in encounter?

Thankyou very much for your reply,
The reason I asked this, was I noticed encounter was able to perform "optDesign -preRoute",although when I used the "optDesign -postRoute" I had an encounter internal error. So I was trying to distinguish between the two engines, apart from the actual timing issues they fix.
Any insight on this?

May be with the -preRoute option, optDesign doesn't use the tech file, as - AFAIR - it tries to optimize the arrangement of devices and routing wires only, whereas with the -postRoute option it has to consider the spacing specified in the tech file.

However, I'm not sure about this.

Reactions: dmsp8

dmsp8

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…