Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to simulate mode conversion phenomenon induced on a differential pair by the variation of the dielectric constant (I use Ansys)

rdpdo2002

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Just a question I have...

I would like to bring into play the mode conversion phenomenon induced on a differential pair by the variation of the dielectric constant on a FR4 for example. That is, creation of common mode insertion and return loss due to assymetries of the two lines due time delay variation because of epsilon variation.

Do you know if it is possible under Ansys HFSS to configure the dielectric constant by ensuring that it varies "spatially" by a certain percentage... A sort of stochastic dielectric constant, but with spatial variation ?

Or maybe this is possible in another way?

Or perhaps, is there other tools (like SIwave or others ... ??) wich can take it into account for SI analysis ??

Thanks you !

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back