Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is GRE necessary for PhD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishekabs

Advanced Member level 3
Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is gre necessary for phd in canada

Hello Friends,
I want to do PhD/Research in the field of RF & Microwave circuit design.
I have 3 years of experience. & I have Master's degree in electronic science.
I want to know that is GRE necessary all over the world for PhD?
What else is required? TOFEL ? or IELTS?
What is the minimum score needed for PhD?
Some people say GRE is only needed for master degree & some say GRE is universal standard for PhD.
Is it true?
My only concern is I dont want to spend my Time,money if it is not needed.

is the gre necessary

The need for GRE totally depends on the admission requirements of the university you want to join!

Most of the universities in the US and Canada require GRE, but it's not the same case in Europe, Asia and Africa.

gre for phd

One of my sir said that universities of Europe, Australia do not consider other degrees so they think if you have good GRE score then you are good.
sorry to use the word but this is complete bull shit.
You struggle to get good marks in post graduation & then you need again GRE to prove your self!!
I have MSc + 3 years experience.
Can anybody tell me names of good universities/institutes which works on microwave circuits & antennas?

is gre necessary for phd

Hi..Abhi...
My advice is best to take European countries Ireland/Finland/Sweeden/Germany....majority of universities offering this....see helsinki university,stackhom university(Kth)Royal-sweeden,uni of cark(ireland),..Berlin...see course first...then take IELTS...if need....also..Herriot-watt,Imperialcollege(top),Liverpool...(UK)...best ones..

Best of luck..
sarath....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back