alvarorahul

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys n gals

i am preparing for micromouse

so i want an efficient mechanism to detect the presence and absence of a wall abt 3-5 cms from the machine

i was thinking of using tsop 1738 but wid the transmitter that i made i am getting only a pulse at d o/p pin of tsop instead of a continuous active low signal:!:

pls help

if anyone cud tell me what i can do to remedy that or if anyone has a circuit that he/she has tested already it would be of gr8 help

thanks in advance

Re: IR distance sensors

alvarorahul said:
hi guys n gals

i was thinking of using tsop 1738 but wid the transmitter that i made i am getting only a pulse at d o/p pin of tsop instead of a continuous active low signal:!:

TSOP1738 works in burst mode. If your transmiter send a continous 38kHz signal, the signal is supressed by TSOP1738 circuitry. In this case, only a pulse will be generated.
In data sheet (www.vishay.com/docs/82030/82030.pdf) all suitable data format are described on page 3.

IR distance sensors

hey thanks cristianp & IanP that was of gr8 help

@IanP

i would like to know what is d approx. cost of d distance sensor that u mentioned ?

also can anyone tell me where i can get it in india????

I don't know where to get it in India - mabe you can contact SHARP-India ..
Anyhow, here is a couple of references incluing prices:
**broken link removed**
http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/Info.jsp?item=30

Regards,
IanP

IR distance sensors

hey IanP
do u have any distance sensors in a lower price range??? my budget is not that high

instead of tsops use ir tx /rx pairs which r very common.u can use in top down mode or side seeing type.if using side seeing fashion, calibrate the values given by d ADC to ur logic n use it to detect walls .

y don't u use an ultrasoinc distance measurment its easy and cheap.
please check
**broken link removed**

IR distance sensors

Thank for your Link. That I need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…