Not open for further replies.

rajesh jalisatgi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i have speech samples in matlab! need 2 get samples serially out through rs232 and communicate with vertex2pro fpga.
how can i do it??????
kindly reply

Last edited:

if you wan to give input to fpga .you need to have such peripherals in fpga kit ,If your kit has got connectors like rs 232 ,HDMI,etc .....could you please specify the kit you are using

I think you can use some UART core to communicate to fpga before that you need some processing core like a Microprocessor /Microcontroller /DSP ..core ....

so the basic processor core will process your data and the data is input to the processor via rs232 and it communicates via Uart core inside fpga ..so program the FPGA with a processor core & Uart core
so system will be

MATLAB <---->PC rs232<------> [ fpga board(UART core<-------> PROCEssor )]

Opencores.org you can find plenty of IP cores

using IP core reduces total deelopment time , customizing the IP core is the best rapid method ...

If you wan to manually enter data to your board you can use the chipscope vio core ...without any additional interface JTAG programming cable alone is sufficient .

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.