Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Installing dSPACE in PC without PCI slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budiyanto

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody.

I'll use a DS1104 dSPACE for my project. The problem is my PC has no PCI slots. Anybody has advices on how to deal with this problem other than got a new PC with PCI slots? Thank you

h**p://regpro.mechatronik.uni-linz.ac.at/downloads/pat1/Tutorium/DS1104.pdf is a pci based card, you have a few ways of going about this, one contact the manufacturer, and see if there is a usb alternative or, go to thrift stores and see if there is a computer. Depends on the location you live in, you could troll around your neighborhood for tossed computers, if they have a usb and ethernet port, grab it. most may be missing the hard drive, but installing a drive and an os is not hard to do. check locally the day garbage is collected, found some usable systems that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.