Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductor design for SMPS

aneesmohammed

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all !!
I have started building my own inductors as per my need for DC DC Converters and i stuck with a lucid doubt. If my current through inductor is 10A and i found that a heavy 12SWG copper conductor can handle it but bulky and difficult to wound on a E42 bobbin.....So my question is can i used a 2 or 3 conductors of lower ampacity (say 4A each) in parallel .....IS it affect my inductance value as it effects as 3X number of turns ??

I used in likwise in inverter transformer ,i think we can use multple parallel conductor to gain the current

Use multi strand coil yes...it is like litz..yes they are indeed in pllel...but overall inductance is same as if you use one strand...because as you know, they are all on the same core. They are coupled inductors in plell. Not like several separate inductors on different cores....so the "normal" pllel inductor equation doesnt apply here.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: