Implementation of horizontal scroll of waves on LCD controlled by SED1330(1335)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbobirca

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to implement the horisontal scroll of waves displayed on an graphic LCD - 320x240 px, controlled by SED1330(5), in a specific window and without affecting the displayed text ?
Could somebody send me suggestions or code (preferably in C) ?
Thanks!
Daniel

sed1330.c

Graphic LCD controllers have a bitmap memory that you can use to draw text or graphics. While you can address any dot on the screen randomly, there is a slight problem when you want to change 1 dot only. This is because eight pixels are represented by 1 byte. So what you normally do is that you read a byte, change the required bit and write back. That way no other pixel (text or graphic) is disturbed.

I have used T6963 based LCDs but I guess others are similar in nature. Some application notes including C code can be found via google that describes the operation in detail. You can port that code to your requirement.

One difference that i have found between T6963 and other controllers is that T6963 arranges 8 pixels horizontally in a byte while other do it vertically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…