Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementation of horizontal scroll of waves on LCD controlled by SED1330(1335)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbobirca

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to implement the horisontal scroll of waves displayed on an graphic LCD - 320x240 px, controlled by SED1330(5), in a specific window and without affecting the displayed text ?
Could somebody send me suggestions or code (preferably in C) ?
Thanks!
Daniel

sed1330.c

Graphic LCD controllers have a bitmap memory that you can use to draw text or graphics. While you can address any dot on the screen randomly, there is a slight problem when you want to change 1 dot only. This is because eight pixels are represented by 1 byte. So what you normally do is that you read a byte, change the required bit and write back. That way no other pixel (text or graphic) is disturbed.

I have used T6963 based LCDs but I guess others are similar in nature. Some application notes including C code can be found via google that describes the operation in detail. You can port that code to your requirement.

One difference that i have found between T6963 and other controllers is that T6963 arranges 8 pixels horizontally in a byte while other do it vertically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back