Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If IP is known on a network ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

prinsloo

Member level 5
Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends
I am on a network at work. Yesterday they came to log my IP addess. The IP is static, not auto detect.
*Can they track my serving habbits?
*How do I block this?
*Can I change my IP by using Hide IP?
Regards

It's hard to try that on you Local Area Network at work. You can always be tracked by the server. You also cannot use dynamic IP allocation, because it makes access and sharing very hard.
Even if you can hide your IP address, that will raise suspicion! It's better not to try that ;). but if you want to log on the internet, there are softwares that use a virtual LAN over the internet, and connect you to the internet by another host, so no one will find your computer's IP address on the internet as the host you're connected to assigns a global IP address of it's own to you.
regards,

You can do nothing an administrator of your network can monitor all your activity.

You can do anything you want if you use encrypted VPN connection.
Network administrator will be able see that traffic comes in and out, he will not be able find out what kind of traffic it is.
The VPN service, however, is not free, unless you have your own VPS or dedicated server with this service enabled.
The prices range from $10 to $50 per month depending on many factors: shared/dedicated IP, speed, traffic limits, whether logging is enabled on the server or not :), on how many people use the server and so on ...

Network proxies is another option, but in order to hide your traffic you will need to use ssh.

If you need more info - just google for answers.
Some guys offer cheap VPN service on the digitalpoint forum, but be careful in order to avoid the scam
I use this service: h**p://servicevpn.net/ but it is a little bit expansive

It would be better to use encrypted VPN or proxy servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.