Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iDTV future & design

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_hanks

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
actvlia

Hello everybody,

Can you share your veiw on iDTV....

any reference design available?

is it succesful ?

tom_hanks said:
Hello everybody,

Can you share your veiw on iDTV....

any reference design available?

is it succesful ?

I hope you are referring to Interactive Digital TV. It certainly is the future of television with t-commerce and all. DVB released DVB-RCT, DVB-RCS etc for wireless return channels but none of them are largely, if any, deployed. The most common return channel is a V92 modem or a ethernet port.

As for middleware, there is the free DVB-MHP. OpenTV and Microsoft Mediaroom etc are commercialy available.

You can roll out your own middleware on Windows CE or Linux over a decent ARM/MIPS processor. Check out Conexant H.264/VC-1 decoders that pack a ton of functionality including a V92 modem, ethernet MAC, SATA ports, a 500MHz+ ARM11 processor etc.

Please google Japan Actvlia project and Apple iTV. They are different approaches to iDTV and we see some kind of combination will happen in the future

who can explain me iDTV? I don't now any thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back