Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmcc

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to install a Parrot Bluetooth in car mobile phone set up and this has a mute the radio facility when a call comes in. The factory wiring in the car radio has a mute input. When I connect the Parrot phone mute wire to the mute input on the car radio, the radio mutes immediately and stays that way whether a call comes in or not.

I have 0V coming out of the phone kit mute wire when no call in progress and this goes to 1.75V when a call comes in. There is 4.5V coming out of the radio mute connection. If I touch the 4.5V radio mute wire to earth it will mute the radio.

I want some sort of circuit that switches the 4.5V radio output to earth when the phone mute wire goes to 1.75V. I think a relay switch would do it, with the 1.75V phone line driving the coil and switching the 4.5V radio circuit to earth when closed. The problem is I cannot find a relay switch that can be driven by only 1.75V.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…