Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have a problem with RS232(I know here is RS485 forum but ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHM

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I know here is RS485 forum but I think ,Those who have worked with RS485 know RS232 problems more.

I have a PC (X86 computer) with 3 COMPorts (COM1,COM2,COM3).
Each of these ports connected to a single machine via RS232 Cable.
Each of the devices periodically sent 8 bytes every 300 milliseconds to COMPorts.

I used VB.NET and wrote a program that can read independently of each port(When the DataRecived event is called )
The problem is that,When I read all three ports simultaneously , DataRecived events occurs with a delay,Data is not lost, but I think the data remains in the queue and will get delayed.

notice:When a single port or dual-port read problem is less.

Please tell me whats the problem?and how can i solve that?
Regards Hesam.H.Motiee

Hi there.

Just to know if somebody can help me.

I need a cable rs232 to minijack 2.5mm but is very expensive considering we can build it by our self. The problem is that I do not know how. I got the rs232 adaptor or plug and the minijack 2.5. This minijack has 3 ways and I know that I have to put one cable in number 2 in rs232, other one in number 3 and other one in number 5 but in minijack, I do not know. Please, some help. Thanks.

programming com port with vb.net
when using more than one port of high data rate try to avoid writing code to process the input byte in the data received event sub
instead store the Rx byte in array and when the count of bytes reaches 8 or what ever you assign ,do you processioning
it's important to put in you consideration data header handling and error recovery
my best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.