Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have a problem reading data from my OMRON E5CN to my PC

Adrian023

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a student learning about PLCs and Thermocontrollers. I specifically have OMRON E5CN and FX3U-485ADP MB. I want to read the data coming from the Omron to my Computer. I am following this FX3U “Modbus RTU” Omron E5CC Tutorial. But my problem is that my modbus is not flashing RD, its just flashing SD. Thank you for your help in advance

Hi,

We can not guess
* how you wired the interface
* what code you wrote
* what additional setup you did (baud rate...)
* what you expect
* what you see instead

Maybe you say: I followed the tutorial ... but obviously there will be some difference between the forum and your appliaction.
To be able to help you .. we need to see what YOU did.

Klaus

Hi,

We can not guess
* how you wired the interface
* what code you wrote
* what additional setup you did (baud rate...)
* what you expect
* what you see instead

Maybe you say: I followed the tutorial ... but obviously there will be some difference between the forum and your appliaction.
To be able to help you .. we need to see what YOU did.

Klaus
My laptop is connected to the PLC through USB SC09 programming cable, while the Modbus to the COntroller is connected through the RS-485. attached below is the program that I used, the connection parameters is 9.6kpbs, channel 2, even parity, 2-bit stop, P.sel is mod, bit length is 8. Mostly I just followed the instructions from the link I posted. I want to monitor the PV or temperature from the OMRON Controller to my Laptop

Attachments

• FX3U.rar
    158.5 KB · Views: 16

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back