Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i am new to this forum n need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohitij

Newbie level 2
Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have actually made a variable dual power supply using LM7812 & LM7912 followed by a series regulator ckt consisting of transistors(CL100 & BC548) and resistors.. i want to ask all existing members ,, "what questions do i need to answer before i can say that i know the details of the circuit i made "
please give a list of questions that any person interviewing me can ask about the project. (please refer to any shortcomings of such circuit or any modification that can be done )

The first question that comes to mind is: why did you have to pre-regulate the voltage, using the 7812/ 7912?

thanks for the rep

ya, i used it since i had to simultaneously get a fixed output power supply also.

Q2: What is the load regulation on the variable outputs you provided?
Q3: Since you are using the fixed pre-regulators, is the line regulation improved or worsened, vs. no pre-regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back