Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How voice can be transmitted over LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateesh_smile

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear folks,
i wanna know if anyone has any idea as to how voice can be transmitted over LAN.i want to be more specific in the application i am aiming at.i am an undergraduate student.i want our lectures in the college to reach our hostels along with the lecturer's voice.that is when ever the lecturer delivers a lecture,i want a circuit which will record her voice and create a voice file in the processor.when ever she uploads the lectures,the voice file must also be attached to them and hosted in her site.got it!!

A rough idea will also be appreciated.i don't know anything about this application.help needed.thank you.

voice over lan

If you dont need real-time voice transfer, you can record the voice on a PC using any good codec avaialable with the PC. That file can be shared over the LAN or can be avialable on the server for anyone to download.

Re: voice over lan

hi techie,
thats an awesome answer.but one clarification.the application i have mentioned has a little extension.i am doing this "voice over LAN" as a part of "smart devices projects" in our college.so what i am aiming at is a small hardware which can do this job of recording the voice and then storing it as a voice file in the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back