Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a noise level in a dc voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use an oscilloscope to "see" what is the AC component (noise) on a DC line.
Adjust it to AC mode and increase its mV/div (V/div) to read noise level..

If I want to examine the noise below mV such as µV,how can I do that?

Thanks.

In this case you will have to use an instrumentation amplifier of gain, say, 100, or more and then you will be in mV region, and that can be seen on a standard oscilloscope ..

thanks.

In this case I have to choose a amplifier that have low offset voltage.Right?

It should have low gain error, low gain drift (ppm/°C), LOW Voltage Offset, high CMMR and wide BP .. so in other words a good instrumentation amplifier.
Some examples you can find at Analog Devices web site: https://www.analog.com/

What frequency noise are you looking for? Megahertz? Millihertz?

IanP said:
It should have low gain error, low gain drift (ppm/°C), LOW Voltage Offset, high CMMR and wide BP .. so in other words a good instrumentation amplifier.
Some examples you can find at Analog Devices web site: h**p://www.analog.com/

unfortunetly, instrumentation amplifier unually don't have high band width. Choose the right amplifier depends on the noise bandwidth you want to measure.

mike

---------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back