Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to supply power to an LF347 IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salman.

Member level 1
Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
LF347 is a quad-operational amplifier

https://www.ti.com/product/lf347

I need to power up this IC with a battery rather than with power supplies, how would i supply power to this with a single 9V battery?
Need help.

Thanking you guys in anticipation.

Attachments

• LF347B.png
    LF347B.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 136

LF347 is a quad-operational amplifier
I need to power up this IC with a battery rather than with power supplies, how would i supply power to this with a single 9V battery?
Need help.
You can use 2x 9V batteries (see attached picture) or it's also possible to create "virtual-ground" using just single battery, see:
https://tangentsoft.net/elec/vgrounds.html

:wink:
IanP

Attachments

• vgnd-ctap-battery1.png
    vgnd-ctap-battery1.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 130
The IC doesn't know where it's power comes from so connect it in exactly the same way.

Negative goes to the pin marked VCC- and positive to the pin marked VCC+.

If your power supply provides more than one voltage you will have to use more than one battery to emulate it, or, use circuitry to derive the other power lines from your singkle battery.

Brian.

thank you for replying,

I think i would use a single 9V battery and make this rail splitter circuit shown in the figure i am attaching

sijosae.png

the problem now is that i can't find 9V-220uF capacitors instead I have 16V-220uF capacitors...should i use them in this circuit? wouldn't they drain the battery faster?

thank you for replying,

I think i would use a single 9V battery and make this rail splitter circuit shown in the figure i am attaching

View attachment 82357

the problem now is that i can't find 9V-220uF capacitors instead I have 16V-220uF capacitors...should i use them in this circuit? wouldn't they drain the battery faster?

It doesn't need to be 220uF/9V.
You can use anything from, say, 100uF to 1000uF, and the voltage rating 16V is just fine ..
IanP

It doesn't need to be 220uF/9V.
You can use anything from, say, 100uF to 1000uF, and the voltage rating 16V is just fine ..
IanP

Thank you Ian :-D

No, they won't drain the battery faster. The voltage rating is the maximum potential difference the capacitor can withstand without being damaged. When used in your circuit, there won't be any difference between a 220uF 9V capacitor and a 220uF 16V capacitor, because they both have the same capacitance - 220uF. It is the capacitance that determines current drawn, current supplied, etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.