Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the AGC function of AD8338?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
AD8338 datasheet and spice as followings.
But when I imported AD8338 spice into ADS, I can't even run the amp function in ADS, the warning message is "Netlist Line 15 parse error".
So how to run the Ad8338 spice in ADS and how to simulate the AGC function in ADS or other simulation spftware?
Many thanks.
Best,
Tony Liu

Attachments

• AD8338 Designing AN-1192.pdf
    350.2 KB · Views: 142
  • AD8338 Evaluation Board UG-559.pdf
    257.7 KB · Views: 69
  • AD8338_Spice.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 67

Hi,
The following are the ADS SCH image and the error info image.
Now even the basic amp function can't be simulated, who can help?
Thanks.
Tony Liu

- - - Updated - - -

PS: AD8338 block is gotten from importing the AD8338 spice.
It should be 16pins, but only 12pins shown.

Attachments

• ADS_SCH1.JPG
    ADS_SCH1.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 223
  • ADS_Error1.JPG
    ADS_Error1.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 159

PS: AD8338 block is gotten from importing the AD8338 spice.
It should be 16pins, but only 12pins shown.
Why do you think so? The SPICE subcircuit has just 12 terminals. Apparently you didn't even read it.

I'm sure you can get an error report that shows the faulty line, otherwise the post is useless for anyone who can't check the simulation in ADS.

If the problem is actually caused by the imported model, which isn't clearly indicated in the so far posted messages, it may be caused by an unsupported behavioral expression, but that's just a guess. Did you notice that there's a manual of the SPICE netlist translator in the ADS doc, explaining supported SPICE syntax etc.?

- - - Updated - - -

There may be a problem that B behavioral sources aren't supported by the translator. Unfortunately there's no info for which SPICE flavors the model is written. It may be Simetrix. There was an Analog Personal Edition released before the Analog merge with Linear.

If I'm right, you need to rewrite the B source line to PSpice/HSPICE syntax which is supported by the translator.

Status
Not open for further replies.