Status
Not open for further replies.

behrouz2015

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a mcu circuit with ARDUINO UNO that learns arm circular movement with detecting Encoder pulses ,save it in EEPROM as profile, and then repeat that movement profile by stepper motor .
First i want to simulate it in Proteus.
But i could not find any stepper motor driver (like A4988 or Easy Driver) model.
How can i simulate that parts?

Second ,because of several MCU jobs, i must use minimum MCU pins and API for stepper drive. My ideal is make velocity profile by use of variable pulse freq in STEP pin of a4988. but i do'nt know how can i make variable pulse freq by MCU without delay() or blocks.

Maybe LM555 and digital POT conncet with I2C to MCU is the solution but it seems complicated !!!!

Hi,

I want to make a mcu circuit with ARDUINO UNO
but i do'nt know how can i make variable pulse freq by MCU without delay() or blocks.

--> ARDUINO uses a microcontroller. Download the microcontrollerdatasheet. Look for "PWM generation" or "wavefrom generation" periferal.
Read through the chapter.

Klaus

Hi,
--> ARDUINO uses a microcontroller. Download the microcontrollerdatasheet. Look for "PWM generation" or "wavefrom generation" periferal.
Read through the chapter.
Klaus
Yes I know, but arduino PWM freq is constant 978Hz and if i want to change it ,TMR PS and PR sholuld be change that affect timing of all device, mills() and .... so as i konow, using device PWM is not possible

Hi,

but arduino PWM freq is constant 978Hz
I don´t know about arduino. I can´tbelieve that it can´t be changed. Maybe this is the ARDUINO preset value.
You should be able to acees to the periferal registers.

Klaus

Addition:
What exact microcontroller is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…