Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] how to simulate A4988 with Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

behrouz2015

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a mcu circuit with ARDUINO UNO that learns arm circular movement with detecting Encoder pulses ,save it in EEPROM as profile, and then repeat that movement profile by stepper motor .
First i want to simulate it in Proteus.
But i could not find any stepper motor driver (like A4988 or Easy Driver) model.
How can i simulate that parts?

Second ,because of several MCU jobs, i must use minimum MCU pins and API for stepper drive. My ideal is make velocity profile by use of variable pulse freq in STEP pin of a4988. but i do'nt know how can i make variable pulse freq by MCU without delay() or blocks.

Maybe LM555 and digital POT conncet with I2C to MCU is the solution but it seems complicated !!!!

Hi,

I want to make a mcu circuit with ARDUINO UNO
but i do'nt know how can i make variable pulse freq by MCU without delay() or blocks.

--> ARDUINO uses a microcontroller. Download the microcontrollerdatasheet. Look for "PWM generation" or "wavefrom generation" periferal.
Read through the chapter.

Klaus

Hi,
--> ARDUINO uses a microcontroller. Download the microcontrollerdatasheet. Look for "PWM generation" or "wavefrom generation" periferal.
Read through the chapter.
Klaus
Yes I know, but arduino PWM freq is constant 978Hz and if i want to change it ,TMR PS and PR sholuld be change that affect timing of all device, mills() and .... so as i konow, using device PWM is not possible

Hi,

but arduino PWM freq is constant 978Hz
I don´t know about arduino. I can´tbelieve that it can´t be changed. Maybe this is the ARDUINO preset value.
You should be able to acees to the periferal registers.

Klaus

Addition:
What exact microcontroller is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back