Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to set the senstype during sens analysis in ADE L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amwygah

Junior Member level 1
Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,everybody:
After I use the sensitivity analysis in ADE L, I print the sens result in the result box. Then, I found that the sensitivity result is given by

S(F,P)=dF/dP rather than S(F,P)=P/F * dF/dP

And, after I search it in many references, I find that the value of senstype would deside which formula will be used.
But unfortunately, in sensitivity analysis ,defaultlly, the senstype = partial ,which use the first formula.
if you want to use the second formula, you need to spectify that senstype = normalized .

But, I donot know where and how to change this value. Could anybody help me?

I think you could try to put the default value to your .cdsenv - something like: spectre.opts senstype string "normalized" and restart cadence
or you could try something like: envSetVal("spectre.opts" "sensitivity" 'string "normalized")

but I am not sure about syntax and if spectre.opts is the correct place - try

thanks teddy,
I have tried the expression,and the exact expression is as following:envSetVal("spectre.opts" "senstype" 'string "normalized").

but it doesn't work,even though I write envSetVal("spectre.opts" "senstype" 'string "normalized") into .cdsinit
or write spectre.opts senstype string "normalized" into .cdsenv

---------- Post added at 07:21 ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 ----------

And I have compromised to it now.
because the print output of sensitivity analysis is in such format:

outvariable sensitivity designparameter value
net0188 6.81e+02 M0:w 4e-05

I can just multiply the order of sensitivity and the order of value for every designparameter.
then choose the maximums and caculate this designparameter in the formula:S(F,P)=P/F * dF/dP manually.

hi everybody
I ask the questions in Cadence Design Systems and get answer from Andrew.**broken link removed**

cited
"
In the UI, it's under Simulation->Options->Analog (in IC5141 it's near the bottom, in IC61X it's on the Miscellaneous tab). It's not under the sens analysis as an option, because sens is actually a control statement rather than an analysis in spectre (so doesn't have any direct options - so it appears under "spectre -h options" rather than "spectre -h sens").

Andrew.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back