How to send SMS through a PC connected to a mobile phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivamit

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to know how send sms thru a PC connected with a mobile phone(Ex. SE w830.)
How to develop applications for this project?
And what are all the standards I should know to develop this ?

Thanks
Siva

SMS

well can u explain ur project.. if u r doing... i have done a little work in sending sms through computer and microcontroller...

Re: SMS

Hi itsfanidotcom,
Thanks for your reply.Actually I am interested in mobile applications development sort of things. So just to start I wanted to know SMS and how it gets sent and received.When I browsed this forum on this topic,I came across AT commands and related stuffs. I want to know how to connect my mobile with the PC to acess and to send sms thru PC.
But your seems to be interesting.Can you please give me some ideas about your project so that I can "learn" something.I am familier with uC programming also.So I guess I acn try it..

Thanks friend.

i used to try this send message using PC connected with phone.but i use nokia s60 and software that support usb and bluetooth.. cool

SMS

I have done using nokia 3310 and tested same for 3315 and 3350..
i used fbus and mbus protocol..

nikhilele,
Could you please explain your project..?

Thanks

SMS

i think just want to send sms through pc by ur cell phone, right? do ur cell have cd drive ? pls setup that program like pc suite if for Nokia. i hope u will can sms....
best, regard

No..Actually I want to write some software to implement it..
Not just using some existing softwares...

Hope you will help me...

SMS

i hope it can be ur sample
**broken link removed**

SMS

for sending sms through your PC via a nokia mobile 3310 or 3315.
You need a data cable to connect mobile to PC..
then u can use
gammu or gnokii software both are open source.. and they have full documentation of fbus and mbus protocol..

hi friends,

i'm planning to do a project on security camera which detects motion and takes images which are sent as attachment to a mail ID.Also simultaneously SMS is sent to the supervisor using a GSM module.

we plan to use visual basic for the programming,matlab for image processing.Is it possible to communicate to the GSM module directly without using a microcontroller jus by serial communication with the PC?

Pls suggest an affordable cheap GSM module for this purpose.also can any1 help me with the ATcommands for SMS?

its is more easy to do with PC.
it can be easily done in C or VB..

have u gone thru gammu site it has full protocol explanation...for nokia phones..

and your work is more easier if u have GSM module/modem.. it can accept direct AT commands..

Added after 8 minutes:

AT commands reference file..
for nokia GSM.

i used T290i with 8051 micro for sending msgs. Infact its very easy using T290i since it supports text mode

hi

can anyone give me the link to gammu or gnokii software??

thanks

thanks..
that was really helpful..
can u suggest a GSM modem for the purpose??what wl it cost?

anjosoviaj said:
Is it possible to communicate to the GSM module directly without using a microcontroller jus by serial communication with the PC?

Pls suggest an affordable cheap GSM module for this purpose.also can any1 help me with the ATcommands for SMS?

There is one gsm module from wavecom 24+ which can directly communicate with gsm module from serial port of the pc

can any GSM module be plugged into the usb port of the laptop..my laptop has only one serial port and i need it for interfacing a PIC...

anjosoviaj said:
can any GSM module be plugged into the usb port of the laptop..my laptop has only one serial port and i need it for interfacing a PIC...

Use USB to RS232 converter.It costs around Rs400

Regards,
Shiva

SMS

Hi to all. I am doing the same project. Have anyone any idea for the same. I am using 8051 for the same. Do anyone have the code for the same.
My idea is, I have connected my telephone to my uc using opto, then after say 5 rings it get connected to land lien & the person on the other side presses the nos. to be displyed on my LCD connected to 8051. Say if someone presses 1 the LCD will display A, for 2 it is B, for 3 it is C & so on... to receive the SMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…