how to remove noise from a current signal in matlab or simulinkl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jak9

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
I have a array of values of current signal and when i plot i have lots of noise in the signal. I want to remove noise from the signal so that it will output a pure signal. I heard of using filters to remove noise but i dont know how to proceed with designing in matlab/simulink. Please help me in this.
thanks

well i would but the problem is the data signal is abt 4.4*10^6 around 4.5 million its a big data

hey post it by print screen command (the wave form) and then upload it

well for example the noise is like if you have a continuous fall of value say 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 then in between this fall their is a small spike like 7 6 5 4 3 5 2 1 so this 5 is unwanted which disrupts the continue fall sequence so can you tell me how to avoid such noise

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

ok i will focus a part of signal so that you can have a good overview of it

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

so you see while rising also its has some small spike

find the frequency plot and isolate the signal.... then design a filter to attunate that signal.

well the problem is i dont know the frequency of this signal so i developed a algorithm which calculates frequency in the range 40 hz to 100 hz. So i to find the frequency plot and wat do you mean by attunate the signal please i dnt hve knowledge about this filter design and all

attenuate: reduce the gain.
go through digital signal processing...
for frequency response just take the fft

you mean fft(array) ?

yes but i have the array in workspace so on matlab command prompt should i use the command fft(Ibatt) where Ibatt is the array defined in workspace if not then wat you mean by signal? how i can use fft to signal?? if you dont mind will you please write few steps of it

well i have these values received in the form of array and i use plot function to see these values so no code for this

ok that's simple!

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

paste on cmd window this and see

x = -5:1:5;
y = [1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,7,8];
plot(x,y)

ok that's simple!

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

paste on cmd window this and see

x = -5:1:5;
y = [1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,7,8];
plot(x,y)

well friend i know how to plot signal but as you asked for the code so i was confused ok now if u want to have a frequency plot from fft how would you will apply to this above example

hey first of all paste the code that you've given to the command window.. i can't make assumptions..!

i did now wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…