Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to remove noise from a current signal in matlab or simulinkl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jak9

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
I have a array of values of current signal and when i plot i have lots of noise in the signal. I want to remove noise from the signal so that it will output a pure signal. I heard of using filters to remove noise but i dont know how to proceed with designing in matlab/simulink. Please help me in this.
thanks

well i would but the problem is the data signal is abt 4.4*10^6 around 4.5 million its a big data

hey post it by print screen command (the wave form) and then upload it

well for example the noise is like if you have a continuous fall of value say 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 then in between this fall their is a small spike like 7 6 5 4 3 5 2 1 so this 5 is unwanted which disrupts the continue fall sequence so can you tell me how to avoid such noise

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

ok i will focus a part of signal so that you can have a good overview of it

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

20_1288363774.png

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

so you see while rising also its has some small spike

find the frequency plot and isolate the signal.... then design a filter to attunate that signal.

well the problem is i dont know the frequency of this signal so i developed a algorithm which calculates frequency in the range 40 hz to 100 hz. So i to find the frequency plot and wat do you mean by attunate the signal please i dnt hve knowledge about this filter design and all

attenuate: reduce the gain.
go through digital signal processing...
for frequency response just take the fft

you mean fft(array) ?

yes but i have the array in workspace so on matlab command prompt should i use the command fft(Ibatt) where Ibatt is the array defined in workspace if not then wat you mean by signal? how i can use fft to signal?? if you dont mind will you please write few steps of it

well i have these values received in the form of array and i use plot function to see these values so no code for this

ok that's simple!

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

paste on cmd window this and see

x = -5:1:5;
y = [1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,7,8];
plot(x,y)

ok that's simple!

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

paste on cmd window this and see

x = -5:1:5;
y = [1, 2, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,7,8];
plot(x,y)

well friend i know how to plot signal but as you asked for the code so i was confused ok now if u want to have a frequency plot from fft how would you will apply to this above example

hey first of all paste the code that you've given to the command window.. i can't make assumptions..!

i did now wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back