How to make your own 3G or GSM Receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmriso

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All

I am going to study details on how to make my own 3G receiver..can anyone help me on the circuit?tutorial? I also appreciate if anyone can share also the GSM receiver tutorial. I am actually transferring to new telco company from circuit rnd company. Might be we can share how to make our own 3G receiver. I think it is an interesting project...right

looking forward u all feedback..thanksss

Re: 3G or GSM Receiver

I am not good with RF but I remember searching for something similar a few years back. Now all you have to do is get a 2-chip GSM/3G solution that does all the work for you. If you are really curious then you can start by using radio modules to demodulate the GSM/3G signal, digitise it with an ADC, as in Direct Conversion, shouldn't be much of a problem with GSM as bandwidth is low compared to W-CDMA used in 3G.

After the signal has been digitized do your magic in Software/DSP/FPGA like in Software-Defined-Radio. This project, IMO, should be very time consuming unless you have plenty of RF experience.
BTW, There are GSM/3G radio modules available (OEM parts), if you just want to see how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…